Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dosania
Helper II
Helper II

Data not aggregating properly in report

Hi,

I have some data that I am presenting in a dashboards that appears fine when I have it in a table, but when I want to show an average value for the dataset in a card, it is summing the values.

The data has required a lot of manipulation in Power BI, and I have performed the following steps to get it into the dashboard as it currently is.

It is looking at our customer data, measuring how much of it has been completed for different attributes. Data is at a customer row level, with customer information at a column level. There are about 40 different customer attributes that I am looking at.

I pivoted the customer attribute data, to have the data in 2 columns, attribute and value, which made it easier for me to calculate the % of attributes that had been completed using measures.
Knowing how many records each column should have, I was able to calculate a measure for the target value, then use this to calulculate the missing, and completion %.
These values work fine in the table, however, when I want to show the overall total, I am unable to, and it only shows the sum.

In the field drop down menu, I am not given the option to show the value at an aggregated average or other value.

When I place the % completed value in a Card visual, again it only shows the sum of the Value field, not allowing me choose an overall average. I'm not given the option of turning off Sumarization either.

Has anyone come across this before, and know how I might be able to show the average, or other aggregated values?

Thanks,

Andrew

1 REPLY 1
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dosania ,

If the field in the card visual is a measure, you cannot select the aggregation from the drop-down list. You can only modify the DAX statement to change the aggregation. If it is a column, please check the field data type. Generally, you can choose the aggregation .

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.