cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cclark01 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Data not Showing up

Hi Everyone - Hoping someone can help.

I have been having an issue lately with my data not showing up after I apply changes in the Queryt Editor.

The data will be there to start with, but if I "Enable Load" then decide later that I do in fact need that table to load in, so select Enable Load again, the data does not show up.  It loads in the Column names, but it appears as if the tables are empty. Has anyone else had an issue like this?  Am I missing something simple?

Thanks for the help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Visitor

Re: Data not Showing up

Refreshing the data was the first thing that I did; that didn't work.

I think it has something to do with the preview features that I had enabled. I disabled them, then tried loading the data in and it worked. 

7 REPLIES 7
Moderator v-sihou-msft

@cclark01

Just refresh the dataset, the data will appear again.

Regards,

Frequent Visitor

Refreshing the data was the first thing that I did; that didn't work.

I think it has something to do with the preview features that I had enabled. I disabled them, then tried loading the data in and it worked. 

sushmasushma Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

please can you suggest me answer for this i am also not getting data.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I would suggest disabling any preview features that you may have enabled. I'm not sure if it was one specific feature that was causing the issue, but when I disabled all of them, everything went back to normal.

Hope this helps!

sushmasushma Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thank you

ashrachova Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Just try to force the refresh by going to the Data Mode (NOT the "Edit Queries" mode) and right clicking at the TABLE (NOT the general "Refresh" button at Home Menu) and choosing "Refresh" . That should do it.

LozzieD Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

In my case, user error, but this might help someone else - and remind me when it happens in the future and I forget how I sorted it and google the article again :-)

The Values fields contained a number type column which PBI automatically chooses to "Sum" in the settings of the Values field.  Changing the number type column's setting to "Not Summarize" sorted the whole data display for me.