Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

NAOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

Data modelling - visualisations Challenge

Hi all,

I have something like the following tables.

let
Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("TcyxDQAxCEPRXajTAMkAuYwRZf81DllGULh40pfvlaMyZMdU5Q36i1nziTlt2VsZfTN62tlPL6NvRk/P/J9l9M3o6ZX9KqNvRh9+Pw==", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Country = _t, ResourceType = _t, Amount = _t]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Country", type text}, {"ResourceType", type text}, {"Amount", Int64.Type}})
in
#"Changed Type"

let
Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WcjZUitUBUkYQyhhCmUAoU6XYWAA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Country = _t]),
#"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Country", type text}})
in
#"Changed Type"

let
Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WcjZU0lFyCQaRjgUFRfllqSlKsTpwcSMg6ZdfooBNzhiHHhMMcSO4HZhmGcHtwSZujEePCVY5Yxz+McZhjzEee4xx+McEhx0meMLMBEeYmeDxiymecDPF4R9THPaY4rAnFgA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Country = _t, Division = _t, Evaluation = _t])
in
Source

They relate through a one to many relationship from the "CountryTable" to each of the other two tables.

What I need to do is to put together a visual looking like the following image.

Capture.PNG

Does someone know how to do that? A custom visual I dont know about may be? Or is someone 100% sure that it can not be done?
Any comments would be appreciate.

Thanks,

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @NAOS,

By my tests, there is no visual which would meet your requirement directly in Power BI currently.

There is a workaround which may help you. It is not the best but that's a choice.

Since your desired output seems to be the matrix visuals. We could use two matrix visuals and two text boxes to achieve that.

matrix.PNG

More details, you could refer to my attachement.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-piga-msft,

First of all, thanks for the reply!
Strangely tho, Im trying to access your file and I cant. It says I need to update to the latest version of PBI, which is the one I currently have (October 2018, 64x).

Any idea why this is happening? Im really interested to see the file and your proposed solution!

Thanks,

Hi @NAOS,

My desktop is store version which is the latest version 2.64.5285.361 64-bit (November 2018).

I have attached the pbix file you could open. 

In addition, you should note if you want to hide the Column, you should turn off the word warp of Row header and Column header.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Got it. I saw the example but it isnt what I was looking for.
I think the correct way to solve it is leveraging DAX and calculate the resource value only for totals. That way if I put the Country and Divisions as rows in the same matrix I get the resources only for the total row per country.

Thanks for your help tho, much appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.