Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

ignas
Advocate II
Advocate II

Data model question

Hello

I would like to hear your best practise dealing with such data model.Capture.PNG

• I have dimCustomer table which connects fact_open and fact tables.

I want to show in the report only those customers that have "amount" from "fact_open table". That mean the filter should only show only those names that have amount non blank:

Capture.PNG

What would be the best practise?

How can I achieve the result?

The file:

https://mega.nz/#!j3IC2KyY!MffHMC37adgpYklv2lFYmJ1iFBlHVG0F3T_95dBXl2c

Regards,

Ignas

a

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ignas,

You can create a column in dimcustomer table using DAX below. Then drag the column to page level filter and set its value to "Not blank".

checkColumn = COUNTROWS(RELATEDTABLE(fact_open))

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@ignas,

You can create a column in dimcustomer table using DAX below. Then drag the column to page level filter and set its value to "Not blank".

checkColumn = COUNTROWS(RELATEDTABLE(fact_open))

Capture.PNG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-yuezhe-msft

You are absolutely amazing. Such a simple solution solves my big problems.

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ignas

affan
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @ignas

You can acheive to display only the non blank by using the visual filter, without any complex options

not blank.png

If this helped you, please mark this post as an accepted solution and like to give KUDOS .

Regards,

Affan

Hello @affan

Unfortunatelly this does not do any changes to the filter.

I need to see in the filter only those customers that have no amount in fact_open.

Any thoughts?

Regards,

Ignas 

@ignas

As filtering the slicer is not directly available as of now. However you can use the workarround used in the below illustration to acheive the result.

slicer filterslicer filter

If this helped you, please mark this post as an accepted solution and like to give KUDOS .

Regards,

Affan

I cannot change from single to both, because I will have data model issues with other dimensions. For example if I have customer both relationship then what I can do if I need to use data filter? Data filter again will show all possible dates.

It must be another solution related with structuring data model in another way.

Regards,

Ignas

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.