Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pbiuserr
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Data model in order to achieve rolling periods

Hello, 
I have main table with "start date" and "end date", created a master calendar table and did two inactive one to many connections (one from calendar[date] to fct_table[start date], second from calendar[date] to fct_table[end date]) and now I'd like to create a measure to do rolling 13 month from slicer selection. I know the measure very well

Rolling 13 month = CALCULATE ( [Measure], DATESINPERIOD(calendar[date], max(calendar[date]), -13, MONTH) )

I've copied master calendar and did same connection from Calendar Rolling to fct_table, building a chart from Year-Month column of Callendar Rolling, taking Rolling 13 month measure and the slicer is from master calendar year-month column. When I slice, I have no -13 months in chart. When I play with calendar rolling connections, I got all entries

How to manage that, to let this simple measure works properly? I'd ideally avoid active connections between master calendar and fct_table as other measures could be damaged, I simply used USERELATIONSHIP in there

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Pbiuserr , refer how to deal with start and end date

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/HR-Analytics-Active-Employee-Hire-and-Termination-tr...

How to take rolling of snapshot (between start and end)

Average of Rolling, Average of Snapshots: https://youtu.be/_pZRdLAJxxA

Hi @amitchandak 

I know the theory and I use no active relationships, but how to build rolling calendar and connect / not connect it to let this measure with DATESINPERIOD works properly and shows the interval as in measure?

Lets say, active employees by year-month -13 months from slicer selection in the scenario with master calendar with inactive relationships between calendar[date] and facttable[startdate] / facttable[enddate] and be displayed like that in line chart?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.