Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JoepKamps
Frequent Visitor

Data model diagram changes after update when connected to Power BI dataset

Hi all,

I have this new Power BI report that uses a Power BI dataset from another report as data source. In this new report, I structured the data model diagram such that it easier to understand and more convenient to use. However, every time the original dataset is changed and the new report is updated to include that change, the data model diagram of this new report completely changes (I guess to the default view) and my structured diagram is gone. I tried to create this "more structured diagram" in a new tab, but that doesn't help (the diagram is still messed up after update). Also, I made the structured diagram in the original report (the one holding the dataset) and hoped that the new report would then inherit that diagram. Unfortunately, that was also not the case. So it seems that in the new report, there is no way of keeping the data model diagram the way it was, because it changes back to this default diagram after every update/refresh.

Is it possible to fix the data model diagram in a report that uses the dataset of another report as data source? If not, I think it is a bug or at least it should become a feature request.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @JoepKamps ,

Can you please add more details like screenshots in your query? This is not enough for understanding the issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/m-p/1447523

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.