Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

danstoszek
Regular Visitor

Data model aktualization - meansure

Hi,

I set up the connection betwen the Power BI and Excel file (data model in it - powerpivot). No problem to get the data from data model to power BI. 

My problem is in the actualization. If I work with the powerpivot and create a new measeru, save it and exit the file, it wouldnt fransfer to power BI when I make actualization... The problem is only with the new measure, new data in the tables are ok..

What am I doing wrong?

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @danstoszek,

In Excel, you add the data into Power Pivot table. The model, measure and calculated column are not load into PowerBI. You just load the resource data into Power BI rather than them. So you need to create measures and calculated columns using the same DAX formulas.

Please feel free if you have any problems.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi,

thank you for your replay.

I can load the model, measure and the calculated column to PowerBI. If i use the import "excel woorkbook contents" it will load and set up the connection betwen PowerBI and the Excel file. But the new measure (after contents import) are not loaded to PowerBI when I make actualization....

Do I really have to create again the same measure in the PowerBI? Actualization in the fact is not the actualization of data model, but only actualization of data??

Thank you

Hi @danstoszek

In PowerBI desktop, click->get data->excel->select the table. There is only actualization of data except measure and calculated column.

If you publish your excel to Power BI service, ther measure and calculated column can be imported successfuly.

In addition, what's mean of "If i use the import "excel woorkbook contents"“? Could you please share details for further analysis

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.