Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

panoslaz
Helper I
Helper I

Data mistakenly filters to specific values after I change source

Hi 

I have created a model which connects to a folder of .xls files. i handed it over to another owner and, although it took some time to change the source paths (simply replacing in advanced editor didnt work) the source changed successfully and the relationships seem intact

The problem is that once the new owner applies the query editing and loads the model, the charts / pages are all filtered to one value of the date column (Jan 19) instead of showing all data...

Picking other months from the slicers obviously doesnt work as only the Jan 19 data is there

Any ideas? 

Panos

2 REPLIES 2
tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Two things that you may check:

1. See if there is any hidden slicer on the report page. Enable Selection Pane from View tab to ensure there are no unwanted/hidden slicers on the report pages (with some selections already made).

2. See if there are any relative date filters applied on Page or Report level.

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @panoslaz 

If the data source attribute is the same, do you try to change the data source as below

3.JPG 

I think there should be something wrong in other to cause the data to be filtered. 

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.