Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fluxcap

Data logging/ importing from csv files

I've been tasked with finding an alternative solution to using dedicated data historian packages for historizing data. This will grow to be hundreds of data points logged every second into a csv file. Importing the data seems simple enough. Just not sure this (Power BI) is the best solution...

2 REPLIES 2
Fluxcap

I have multiple devices at remote sites that log time stamped process data (pressure, temperature, etc) every second to a local csv file and periodically push those out to folders in an in house ftp server. Rather than keep accumulating csv files, I'd like to import them into some sort of database where the data can be accessed as necessary. Is Power BI the right tool for this? I know this is kind of vague, but I"m trying to avoid the gotcha's down the road.

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Fluxcap,

What did you mean the Data logs? Where did it store? If they store in datasource, you could try to connect this by datasource in PowerBI. And you also could load this in CVS file and import this in PowerBI. If this is  Azure Monitor log, you also could refer to Import Azure Monitor log data into Power BI for details.

By the way, import mode will have1-GB dataset limitation.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.