Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

k3rz0rg
Advocate III
Advocate III

Data loaded and seen inside query editor (now Transform Data) but not in report!

Hi all,

I've been facing a weird issue, I have a report with excel source and lately with the updated replaced excel sheet, when I refreshed the report, the new dataset along with the date column can only be seen inside the query editor which is transform data now but upon close and apply or direct refresh from the Home tab does not load into the report, that still shows the older dataset as if no refresh happened. Below are the photos of updated dataset, left is query editor , right the report. Can somebody tell me why is this happening and how to resolve? 

Query Editor with new data.jpg                                             Report Data section.jpg

As you can see the left one in the query editor, it loaded the newer data successfully but even after close and apply, it's the same old data in report. Same happens even if I refreshed that on published report from power bi service, that does not update the dataset.

Any help or workaround would be appreciated.

Thanks,

K3.

2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi @k3rz0rg 

If this happens in other pbix file?

and if you could uninstall and reinstall the power bi desktop and try it again.

or please try to use this datasource to create a new report to see if it works well.

Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lili6-msft , 

this doesn't happen to the other reports or .pbix files!

This happened to this report previously and I just copied all codes from advanced editor of each of the table from the previous faulty report and recreated the new report, worked fine for few times then this again! 😕

All of it's sources are excel file and there are about 30+ excel connected to it, however, I don't think source is the issue as all the data is in correct order inside query editor!

I did try uninstalling and reinstalling the pbi and currently using the latest version of it. 

-k3 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.