Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

saketchinchole
Regular Visitor

Data limitations with SSAS Cubes

I have a data in ssas cube with 40Gb.I want load the data in power bi by using import. while we publish the reports into power bi services it showes the data limit is 1GB. but my data size is 40GB. how to do it and we need to do the schedule the reports automatically is there any solution ??

5 REPLIES 5
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@saketchinchole what cube are you using mdx or tabular?  it might be less if you import it in as power bi will compress it

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

My SSIS cube is multi-dimensional but when we import it in power BI I think it converted to Tabular.

@saketchinchole yes tabular is the engine used by power bi, have you tried importing it?  

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Yes, I am importing the data from SSAS...But is it my cube data size is larger (around 20GB to 30GB) Power BI Compress data and is convert it into less than 1GB so that I can published and scheduled in Power BI Service? 

@saketchinchole  your question isn't  clear, however what i can say is that because a cube has a lot of duplication in it and if you have modelled it correctly ie using surrogate keys in integers potentially it could compress it right down, it depends on how much text you have and thinks like the same case matters,  have you tried to import it?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.