Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Ecarpz71

Data limit or is it?

HI,

Im new to using PowerBI desktop so hopefully someone can just point me to the right link here to get my answer. Will very much appreciate it.

My concern is im using Power BI desktop and I get my data from Microsoft Azure Sql Database. I connect to it and use Direct Query. Im able to load the tables a view data. However, Im wiered out that sometimes the record Im looking for is present and sometimes its not. Is that because I hit the 1 million mark already of rows that can be returned? I doubt that since im just using a QA database and the system is fairly new. I know that the record is present because I can still see the record from the UI that connects to the database.

Thank you in advance.

1 REPLY 1
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Ecarpz71,

There is a 1 million row limit for returning data when using DirectQuery. If more than 1 million rows would be returned from DirectQuery, Power BI returns an error. So you'd better to filter your data using T-SQL, and decide which row will be returned. 

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.