Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data labels size increase after publishing

Hi Everyone,

I created a bar and line chart, after i publish it on service the labels for measure on line card increases on its own, on PBI desktop its looks normal. Could someone please let me know why this is happening? tried on chrome and edge both, the issue exists.

DataUpperCut_0-1631049736540.png

DataUpperCut

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I played around a little bit more and realised that it does not have anything to do with service, PBI Desktop or the version of PBI. its specific to the size of visual, when i vertically increased the height of the visual then it worked. However i expected the behaiviour of the visual on PBI desktop and service same and i think thats what casued this confusion.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I played around a little bit more and realised that it does not have anything to do with service, PBI Desktop or the version of PBI. its specific to the size of visual, when i vertically increased the height of the visual then it worked. However i expected the behaiviour of the visual on PBI desktop and service same and i think thats what casued this confusion.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

You can update your desktop version to the latest one and then try again .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

I tested in my Desktop and Service , the results are the same, as shown in the figure below . Does the result you need look like this ? I tested this feature with the August version. What version of the Desktop did you test? Maybe you can try to upgrade the Desktop to the latest version, and then re-test.

Ailsamsft_0-1631252158098.png

Ailsamsft_1-1631252158100.png

I have attached my pbix file ,you can also refer to it .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-yetao1-msft  i am using July 2020.

DataUpperCut_0-1631274546585.png

mussaenda
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

this issue is only happening on one report? or also on other reports?

What is the browser you are using?

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Clear browser cache and refresh, and try.

or republish -> Clear browser cache and refresh, and try.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mussaenda @amitchandak the issue is just with this perticular visual in this report. Below are the different things i tried.

1. I tried changing the visual type to : "Line and stacked Column" and "Line Chart" and the issue remains, however when i change it just "Stacked chart" the size is normal. 

2. I also tested this by getting it published on service by another user.

3. Tried to publish the same workbook in a different workspace.

4. Cleared cache, refreshed and republished.

The issue persists.

DataUpperCut

@Anonymous ,

If you have performed the above suggestions,

I suggest you to create a support ticket to solve the issue.

Thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.