Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Meghmala
Regular Visitor

Data label settings for line and clustered column chart

Hello,

Is there a setting in the formatting pane for this graph to display line lable above the line.

I would like to use something similar to what we have as settings option for y axis data lables.

Capture.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

This may be already fixed, but just trying to help upcoming enqueries.

Go to Data Labels -> Customize series. After Customize series, you will see bar/line in a drop down column

rabbit__0-1670199071785.png

Now you can see the drop down

rabbit__1-1670199095905.png

Switch to the one you want to hide, and slide to Off on Show

rabbit__3-1670199155036.png

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi

In your scenario, some data labels are closed. When we click Data lables->Position, we could change the position of column’s lables, not  the line’s.
As a workaround, you can change Y axis of column to make lines and column be sparse. Click Y-Axis->Start & End
 1.png   
2.png

Best Regards
Maggie

Hi Maggie,

Thank you for the response. 

I am not sure if this workaround solves the issue entirely. My graphs are not static, they interact with a number of slicers as such the axis values constantly change. So in some cases line values display perfectly  other times they are either hidden behind column values or are displayed above the line.

dilumd
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Hi @Meghmala,

Try to change below settings, (if you don't see this under "visualization > format tab" you may have to update power BI desktop to latest version)

3.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.