Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JVH_DA
Frequent Visitor

Data label on last point only (bar-line-chart)

Hi Power BI friends,

I would like to add a dynamic label (8.01% in the example) on the last value of this line in this bar-line-chart.

JVH_DA_0-1612010666147.png

The best sollution i could find was this:

JVH_DA_1-1612010730045.png

However i don't like this sollution for 2 reasons: the 'hidden' white bar is ugly and interupts the gridlines. 
And this label on the max-line you can't edit the font-size.

Can someone help me creating the first chart but with a single label at the end of the line.  (simular to the label in the second chart)?
PBIX: https://drive.google.com/file/d/10NtR0ZuYkKbEWjZtDK6rgi6wm50xjvXr/view?usp=sharing

Thanks!
JVH_DA

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @JVH_DA,

AFAIK, current 'constant line' only supports static values, you can't use it with measure expressions.

For this scenario, maybe you can try to switch to clustered column chart to which support more analysis lines and contains expression based lines. (notice: these lines only support the measure formula that you used on value fields, you can't set to them to show the measure formula result not used in your chart)

BTT, you can also consider submitting an idea for added support for using expressions on the constant line.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You could do this with a custom visual using Charticulator, but it might be easier to just position your card with that value onto the chart instead.  Would that work?

Can You Say "Charticulator"? - I Knew You Could - Portland Power BI UG - YouTube

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Yes, I could move the card over the viz, or use an extension. The problem with the card is that the line is never on the same height in the carth, because of slicers.

Was hoping to find a more elegant solution using dax to add a new measure to the line.  You think that might be possible? Or is your solution as good as it gets. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.