Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data label - end of line - name of the legend (category)

Hi,
I am trying to make a line chart splited on multiple categories and months.
At the end of each line I would like to label the line with the name of the category.

This is an example of what I want to obtain at the end.

Can you please help me with how can I do this?

cat.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In line chart, you can enable Legend function under Format to set its position, name and so on while the legend name could not be shown at the end of each line.

When you enable Data label function under Format, it will just show the value of each group and you can change their position and fomats.

legend.pngdata label.pngresult.png

For further information about Line chart, you can refer the following Microsoft document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-line-chart

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yingjl
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In line chart, you can enable Legend function under Format to set its position, name and so on while the legend name could not be shown at the end of each line.

When you enable Data label function under Format, it will just show the value of each group and you can change their position and fomats.

legend.pngdata label.pngresult.png

For further information about Line chart, you can refer the following Microsoft document:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-line-chart

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It would be realy nice to add this "end of line label" as a feature. Tableau has it and it makes my life easier 🙂

Agreed!  This seems like it should be an easy win!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Thanks for your suggestion!

You can submit it to ideas and add your comments there to make this feature coming sooner: https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas

Best Regards,

Yingjie Li

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @v-yingjl ... My chart has 5 categories and it's not easy to search for each color aside.
Anyway, I have made a simple color scheme to bea easier for the users to find the corect line 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.