Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

AndyT-Wes

Data label disappears

Power BI label showing.PNGPower BI label not showing.PNG

I've created the above stacked column chart that works perfectly, the only issue I have is that when I filter another graph to the 40-49 age group, the level 3 columns label disappears. The label shows then no filters have been applied or when I filter to any other age group, it just seems to be specifically the 40-49 age group.

I've tried the old IT answer of switching the data labels off and on, tried moving the position of the labels, moving the position, changing the text size and colours but nothing works. I've even tried to recreate the graph but it does exactly the same thing.

It's really driving me mad now as i've no idea why it is removing it. Any help would be very much appreciated.

The only alternative I can think of is to remove the labels altogether, but I'd much rather fix the issue if possible!

7 REPLIES 7
andreyyakshin

Hi! what visual have you used to create these stacked columns?

thanks

@AndyT-Wes wrote:

Power BI label showing.PNGPower BI label not showing.PNG

I've created the above stacked column chart that works perfectly, the only issue I have is that when I filter another graph to the 40-49 age group, the level 3 columns label disappears. The label shows then no filters have been applied or when I filter to any other age group, it just seems to be specifically the 40-49 age group.

I've tried the old IT answer of switching the data labels off and on, tried moving the position of the labels, moving the position, changing the text size and colours but nothing works. I've even tried to recreate the graph but it does exactly the same thing.

It's really driving me mad now as i've no idea why it is removing it. Any help would be very much appreciated.

The only alternative I can think of is to remove the labels altogether, but I'd much rather fix the issue if possible!

v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @AndyT-Wes

After my research, you could do these to solve it.

Select visual ->Format->Data label->density

Increase the density

For example:

when density is 50%, some data labels disappearwhen density is 50%, some data labels disappearwhen density is 100%, no data labels disappearwhen density is 100%, no data labels disappear

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This solved it for me

Thanks Lin, unfortunatly that doesn't work either, the label still disapears.

hi, @AndyT-Wes

Try to enable overflow text in data babel, 

16.JPG17.JPG

besides if the column is too small that it also won't show data label.

and i find that if the visual in your picture is the custom visual, I don't find it in the built-in visuals and Marketplace.

If not your case, could you please share your sample pbix for us, just can reproduce this issue. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

This is going to be really tough to troubleshoot without the actual file, is it something that you can share?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Unfortunatly not, the data contains client sensitive information. 

I understand that this issue is difficult, if not impossible to recreate, I was just hoping that someone else has came accross this issue before and managed to find a fix.

I've created dozens of graphs previously, including others within this dashboard and never had the issue before.

I just don't want to give in and remove the labels!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.