Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aaronhammer
Regular Visitor

Data issue with Adobe Analytics as data source

Hello,

I'm having an issue bringing in data to Power BI from Adobe Analytics. The problem is when the data comes back, it is not displaying all the data which it should. For example with the query I get 622 rows of data, of which there is just 1 row for a certain 'Page', for example lets say the page is this 'public/product1/apply' with 1 unique visitor. Now I know from Adobe Analytics this page has a total of 1,759 unique visitors in the date range I have in the query, therefore clearly there is something not right. This is both in the Power Query view, and then also Power BI Data view.

In total the segment I'm returning has 121 pages (according to AA) but Power BI is only giving me 50 of those pages (when I do a summary on the data).

I have a slicer on the page for Date, Browser and Device which is why I bring these dimensions back too, whilst I display the other measures on the page as well as unique visitors. I am using the following code (please note I have had to change the organisation, server name, and segment id for privacy reasons):

let
    Source = AdobeAnalytics.Cubes([HierarchicalNavigation=true]),
    #"organisation name" = Source{[Name="organisation name"]}[Data],
    servername = #"organisation name"{[Id="servername"]}[Data],
    #"Added Items" = Cube.Transform(servername,
        {
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "DateGranularity", {"year", "month", "day"}, {"Year", "Month", "Day"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "browsertype", {"browsertype"}, {"Browser Type"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "mobiledevicetype", {"mobiledevicetype"}, {"Device Type"}},
            {Cube.AddAndExpandDimensionColumn, "page", {"page"}, {"Page"}},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Bounces", "bounces"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Entries", "entries"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Unique Visitors", "uniquevisitors"},
            {Cube.AddMeasureColumn, "Visits", "visits"},
            {Cube.ApplyParameter, "DateRange", {#date(2018, 8, 1), #date(2018, 8, 4)}},
            {Cube.ApplyParameter, "Segment", {{"segment_id"}}}
        })
in
    #"Added Items"

What though makes this even stranger is if I then apply a filter on Page to view the page I want, I then see 46 rows of data, and the total for unique visitors is 1,781 (admitedly, this isn't an exact match to AA but I think it can be explained if I look into it).

The filter code is:

#"Filtered Rows" = Table.SelectRows(#"Added Items", each ([Page] = "public/product1/apply"))
in
    #"Filtered Rows"

I hope you can help, as at the moment I can't trust the data which is in Power BI and therefore I can't use the dashboards created.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aaronhammer
Regular Visitor

From playing around and trying different things I appear to have solved this.

When setting up the Adobe connection there is the following option to display the top X amount of records for a dimension:Top Example.PNG

As this says it is 'Optional' I hadn't entered anything as I didn't want to restrict it. I therefore changed this to 200 (knowing there are only 121 pages in this segment), and it now brings back all the pages.

In the code it looks like this:

{Cube.ApplyParameter, "Top", {200, "page"}}

Hopefully this might be useful for somebody else!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
aaronhammer
Regular Visitor

From playing around and trying different things I appear to have solved this.

When setting up the Adobe connection there is the following option to display the top X amount of records for a dimension:Top Example.PNG

As this says it is 'Optional' I hadn't entered anything as I didn't want to restrict it. I therefore changed this to 200 (knowing there are only 121 pages in this segment), and it now brings back all the pages.

In the code it looks like this:

{Cube.ApplyParameter, "Top", {200, "page"}}

Hopefully this might be useful for somebody else!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What is the "Top" field based on? Is it the top X alphabetically? Top X based on visits? For instance, if I choose the top 100 with the dimension page, how does it choose the top 100? And what happens if I choose the top 100 and leave the "Dimension" field empty?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.