Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rachelherr
Frequent Visitor

Data is in SQL View but not in Power BI

Hello, I am working on an issue in my dataset. Our numbers were incorrect, because of a filter that was present in the view design. Usually, after making a change in a view, the change is reflected almost instantly in Power Query and Power BI. However this time, there is no data coming through for the rows that had been filtered. I have been through every measure and I cannot find the solution. It has been refreshed and syncing for days.

The total of the column TOT_MISC will not populate in PowerBi without the filter that was present in the view. The real total should be $9333.90, and it is showing up as $7986,33. I was able to verify in sql that the difference between the two numbers is equal to the amount filtered out by the View filter. I have saved the view as well. 

I cannot figure out how to add the report files in this post, but if somebody is willing to take a look I will happily send them to you!  

7 REPLIES 7
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @rachelherr 

What changes did you make on the View? Have the changes been applied in the Power Query steps/Native Query?

Am willing to take a look...

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Hello! thank you! I removed a filter from one column in the view. None of those changes have reflected in Power Query, the information coming in is just like the filter is still there.

Ok, try to delete the steps(related to the table) in Power Query and re build them again or just refresh the query.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Should I still try to do that if no errors in the advanced editor are present? Most of the data was modeled in the SQL View, limited changes are in PowerQuery as we have a very large database.

Yes, if you know what you are doing. If not then delete the steps here one by one and each time figure out if it fixes the issue or not

aj1973_0-1619028190750.png

Save the M code from Advanced Editor in case you are lost.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@rachelherr , Open power query and check if it showing some error like data type etc?

Try to fix that

debug issue
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6DPmKqN7s

refer how to handle error in power query
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE6DPmKqN7s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Lag0VOiTs

There are no errors in Power Query. the column itself is green. PowerBI/Power Query will not pull in the rows from the SQL view that were previously filtered. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.