Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MikeBresnan
Helper I
Helper I

Data is disappearing when adding a field from a related table

I have a table visualization that is behaving strangely when i add a field from a related table to it.

below are the results before adding, all of these fields are from the same table.

MikeBresnan_0-1669234649224.png

and then after

MikeBresnan_2-1669234762778.png

The data disappears from the 563 and 64 records. There is no data in the table Comment Body related to those two records, but i would just expect it to show that particular field as blank, not all of them. i have show items with blank data turned on.

I was just messing around and moved that CommentBody field to the last column, and all of a sudden the data came back?

MikeBresnan_3-1669235475806.png

The relationship is one to many, filtering is single direction. any idea what might be happening here?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yiruan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MikeBresnan ,

It is strange... I just tried to create two fake tables with the same scenario as yours, but I can't reproduce your problem. As far as I know and from my testing result, the display of data does not vary depending on the position of the field. Could you please provide your sample pbix file(exclude sensitive info)? Later I will make troubleshooting and give you some explanation. Thank you.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Rena
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That particular PBIX is really complex, and it would be hard for me to redact the data.

I created another and am getting a similar issue (though i can't duplicate the position of the data issue either) with a much simpler dataset. However, i did notice something. When i add the amount, it's summarizing it (which it doesn't need to, as each row is unique), when i remove the summarization, the amount for unmatched records displays again.

is that by design? i can't imagine why it would do that. I'll try it with my other dashboard as well, and see if it improves things.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.