Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

skasper
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Data in Query Editor and Table View but not in Report

Hi,

got a strange one. I have an existing pbix file, which has been working fine for over a year. Now, when doing a data refresh, I see the new data in both, the Query Editor and the Table View in the client.

But the data does not show up in any visuals. See below a comparison between the table view and a table visual:

tavle view vs visual.jpg

However, in the same visual on the Web Service, the data is there. And no, there are no filters set on the report/page/visual in the desktop client. I am using the 64 Bit version (November Update).

Anybody with similar issues, or - even better - an idea how to fix this?

Thanks.

Best - Sascha
Please always mark accepted solutions. It helps others with similar questions or problems. Thank you.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Update: without changing anything in the original pbix, it is working today. The ONLY thing that's different from yesterday on my side is that I rebooted my PC. I don't see, how this would make a difference, though.

I will mark this as solved just to close the thread. Thank you for your efforts.

Best - Sascha
Please always mark accepted solutions. It helps others with similar questions or problems. Thank you.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
aanderson1
Regular Visitor

Looks like I'm years late to this party - but I was just experiencing the issue, in my case, specifically Date fields.

I was losing my mind. In Query Editor, and in Table View on the Desktop .pbix file - the dates were showing. In the .pbix file, I set the date type fields to dates in MM/DD/YYYY format, joined them to a custom calendar table I created, but when I used the custom calendar date slicer, the data from the table joining by date returned nothing.

I put a Card in the visual and brought the date field down and the value showed as (Blank).

I went into Query Editor, selected the Date column and the Data Type showed as "Any". I flipped this to Date, refreshed the dataset and the dates were now presented and working with the joined date via the slicer, returning the data/performing the custom measures that I needed.

I struggled with this for a couple of days - and of course, like most everything else we do, the solution was simpler than I had thought. I cannot guarantee this will work for your issues as well, but I'd recommend heading over to Query Editor and checking the Data Type. If you see "Any" - chances are, you have to change that.

Justin-FX

I am having the same issue with two columns. They are from a table that is the key table in the project. Second time I've read rebooting PC solved the problem. My PC reboots every night, no reboot fairy.    😞 

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@skasper,

Please right click your tables in Query Editor, and check if you disable the "Include in report refresh" option. Once the option is disabled, updated data will not appear in report.
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I tried this solution, and it solved my issue. Thanks! 

Thank you @v-yuezhe-msft,

all tables are set to be included in report refresh. I disabled and enabled it again, but to no effect.

Best - Sascha

@skasper

I am not able to reproduce the issue. The new data don't appear even you click "Refresh" button in report view, right ? If so, how about you open a new PBIX file, re-connect to your data source and re-create the table visual?

Regards,
Lydia

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I did a quick first successful test with just one out of the 12 tables/queries I have in this pbix. Add to this the 12 pages in the report and dozens of measures and you will understand that I am not very keen on recreating this in a new pbix.

So, I hope this result helps you with finding a better solution than me doing the whole thing all over again and still facing the risk of running into the same problem again, once I am done.

Thank you for your continued help.

Best - Sascha

@skasper,

I make a test in the 2.52.4921.682 version of Power BI Desktop, and I am unable to reproduce this issue. Could you please verify if the new data appears in data view? 
1.JPG

Regards,
Lydia

I am on the same version: 2.52.4921.682 64-bit (November 2017)

Yes, all records show in the data view, as well as in the query editor. Just not in visuals. Please refer to the screenshot in my original post, indicating this.

Best - Sascha

@skasper,

The issue is strange. You don't apply any filters, and the new data still don't appear in report. Do you drag any measures to the table visual? If so, have you limited data in the measure?

Regards.
Lydia

Update: without changing anything in the original pbix, it is working today. The ONLY thing that's different from yesterday on my side is that I rebooted my PC. I don't see, how this would make a difference, though.

I will mark this as solved just to close the thread. Thank you for your efforts.

Best - Sascha

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.