Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HankHill

Data from web excluding random rows and any with blank data

When I import a table from this website it seemingly omits rows without rhyme or reason.

One consistency is that it will omit all rows where "Owner City" is blank.

BI Navigator view:

Navigator View.jpg

Direct screenshot from website, with missing rows denoted by red line:

Direct from Website.jpg

Is there a solution to have BI from Web grab all of the relevant rows (even if there is a blank cell)?

4 REPLIES 4
croberts21
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

I've workd with PDF internals before. What I found out was that data inside the PDF is not in the same order as you see it on the page. Try looking for the "missing" rows of data by doing this by making a table viz and sorting it: 

1. Import that table into PBI. 
  2. Make a table viz. 
  3. Add columns to that table. 
  4. Now sort by the first column of the PDF. 
  5. Double check to see if all rows are there now.

If this does not work, are you able to send us the PDF so we can try it? Please be specific as to what page of the PDF the table is on. We have never seen this PDF before.

PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

If you click transform data, you can add a filter that filters out all blank rows.

Or is this not what you are looking for?

PVO3_0-1661265395324.png

No, I want to grab the table as it appears, inclusive of rows that have contain blank cells.

Additionally, I want to grab the rows that are not appearing once imported. (denoted by red lines in second pic)

PVO3
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm sorry now I see. Low interest counts also get's filtered out it seems. Seems like recent additions are not displayed in this table (yet). Otherwise I have no clue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.