Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data from GA is incorrect

Hi community,

I am pulling data from GA into Power BI Desktop using the Power BI GA Connector.

However, when i pull in the data: Date, Hostname, Visitor Type (Hit), Sessions

The data does not match back to the data in GA and depending on the filtering i apply in Power Query the values retunred are always incossistent. I undertsand this is caused from the Sampling, however as much research as i do i dont find a solution to allow us to load the actual number of Sessions that i reported in Google Analytics.

The questions i have is:
- What is the threshold for the GA Connector in Power BI Desktop to enable Sampling? I cant seem to find this!!
- What work arounds have been used (apart from having Premium) worked?

I am now looking into getting the data within:
- Google BigQuery
- SQL Table using the SSIS GA Source 

Has anyone ever tried these to remove the issue of Sampling?
All help will be very much appreciated.

Thanks
Laz
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft,

The solution for this issue is to go through BigQuery and pull the data into Power BI.

From research, i believe that connecting from Power BI to BigQuery to pull in the Sessions, will remove the sampling mechanism from taking place and limiting the actual dataset.

Thanks,

Laz

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @Anonymous,

If I understand your issue correctly that when you get data with the Google Analytics conncetor, the data doesn;'t match the data in GA and the data is not related to the data you have edited in Query Editor?

If it is, I cannot reproduce your second issue in my site by my test.

For your first issue, I'm afraid that may caused by Google Analytics connector, please refer to this similar thread.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-piga-msft,

The solution for this issue is to go through BigQuery and pull the data into Power BI.

From research, i believe that connecting from Power BI to BigQuery to pull in the Sessions, will remove the sampling mechanism from taking place and limiting the actual dataset.

Thanks,

Laz

Hi @Anonymous,

It seems that you have solved your problem.

If it is, please accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.