Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shishir999
Helper II
Helper II

Data duplicacy while UnPivotting data

Hi,

I am trying to Unpivot data, but getting Duplicate data while data modelling in PBI.

The 1st table is Soure and the 2nd one is my expected.

Please see the screenshot:

myReq-01.JPG

Thank

Shishir Goel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @shishir999 ,

1. You could upivot the columns Act_Jan,Est_Jan,Diff_Jan,...,Act_Mar,Est_Mar,Diff_Mar in Query Editor.

unpivot columns.png

2. Add conditional columns(optional). If you create this column, you could get your desired output like that in your image. If you don't create this custom column, you will get the output like this.

without sort by column.PNG

3. If you create the conditional column in Query Editor, you need sort by column under Data view.

sort by column.png

4. Then you could create your desired matrix.

Matrix.PNG

For more details about how to create the conditional column, you could refer to my attachment.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @shishir999 ,

By my tests, based on your data sample, you could achieve your desired output with Matrix visual in Power BI like below.

matrix.PNG

If you still need help, feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks Cherry, I tried implementing the same earlier.

As in Value, I need to add multiple fields. So, my requirement is to Unpivot the data from source using data modelling, followed by rest of the calculations and use less no. of fields.

Please advise.

Regards

Shishir

Hi @shishir999 ,

1. You could upivot the columns Act_Jan,Est_Jan,Diff_Jan,...,Act_Mar,Est_Mar,Diff_Mar in Query Editor.

unpivot columns.png

2. Add conditional columns(optional). If you create this column, you could get your desired output like that in your image. If you don't create this custom column, you will get the output like this.

without sort by column.PNG

3. If you create the conditional column in Query Editor, you need sort by column under Data view.

sort by column.png

4. Then you could create your desired matrix.

Matrix.PNG

For more details about how to create the conditional column, you could refer to my attachment.

Best Regards,

Cherry

Bingo....Thanks Cherry.

I was able to do the transformation i.e. in Step-2, but the Conditional column makes the magic.

Appreciated your help.

Regards

Shishir

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors