Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Lolita
Regular Visitor

Data completetion vs required

Hi There,

Hope all is well during these times & thank you in advance for your help 🙂

I have a simple model, one table with Item_Numbers that have test requirements in columns. if "0" is not required, if "1" it is required.

I also have a table with the serial numbers associated with those item_numberst that are ready for shipment. I need to make sure each of those serial numbers were fully tested and passed the test. See my model below.

My return would be: what are those serial numbers that don't meet that criteria.

question1.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Lolita ,

You may put the Table2[serial numbers] and Table1[test requirements column] into the same Table visual, and set filter Table1[test requirements column] =0 in visual level filter pane.

Or could you please share your sample data and desired output screenshots for further analysis? You can also upload sample pbix to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Please read this post to get your answer quickly: How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Best Regards,

Amy 

Community Support Team _ Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Amy,

I might have not been clear on my request (sorry, english is not my primary language)

I’d like to have (preferably through a column or measure) to output

• Serial Numbers that are missing a test requirement
  • Or that a required test doesn’t have at least one record of “0” for pass

Thank you again! 

@v-xicai 

https://hypertherm.sharefile.com/d-s4d17226aacd4b3eb

Hello! 

Thank you so much for your response! 

Please see attached for link on the sample data I prepared... 🙂 

With your suggestion below, I think it would return all the requirements for the serial numbers that are ready to ship... but How can I make sure that all of them were met? 

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Please see this post regarding How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Sample data as text, expected output

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.