Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data colours based on position and not data

Good afternoon all,

I hope you are all well?

I an liking the idea of doing a graph of printer usage, where the printers at the bottom start out blue, but fade to red as they get to the top. Is there a real world solution, or do I just need to calm down and get some sleep?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous 

Visual1: conditional formatting

Capture9.JPGCapture10.JPG

Visual 2: 

create a date table, related to your table based on [date] column,

date = ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDARAUTO(),"year",YEAR([Date]),"day",DAY([Date]),"weekday",WEEKDAY([Date],2),"week",WEEKNUM([Date],2))

create a measure and use it in the conditional formatting.

day flag = IF(MAX('date'[weekday])<=5,1,0)

Capture11.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Is this problem sloved? 
If it is sloved, could you kindly accept it as a solution to close this case and help the other members find it more quickly?
If not, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards
Maggie
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry for the delay, Covid-19 meant I had to become the Teams expert. Yes it worked once I stumbled upon the correct way of accessing the Conditional formatting. The image with a few blue splodges and a circle didn't really explain, but then when I looked elsewhere, it said there was 3 dots, which there was not. I ended up stumbling across right-clicking Default colour to find the way in, but once there, I was in a sweatshop. Thanks

v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

Calm down firstly, we may find a solution for you if you could provide more information.

Share a screenshot of your actual situation, what kind visual do you use?

Best Regards

Maggie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Maggie,

here are two examples.  The first is the one I mention in my original post, it is a list of our printers, and I have two choices, have all the data one colour, or individually colour 150 printers.  I was thinking it would be good to be able to apply a gradient colour, starting at blue at the bottom, going through greens and then ending up as red at the top.  I can't apply that to printers as they may change position on the Cluster Bar Chart, so i think it would be good to just have the chart itself do a gradual change.  This is the boring thing I have now...
Capture.PNG

Secondly, thinking along the same lines, a 7 day chart for the number of user logons, and since it adds the new day at the right and knocks off day 7 on the left, it if often difficult to identify the weekends. So if I could link it to a calendar and have Sat & Sun as a different colour, ot would make it easier to read.
Capture2.PNG

Thank you kindly

Paul

Hi @Anonymous 

Visual1: conditional formatting

Capture9.JPGCapture10.JPG

Visual 2: 

create a date table, related to your table based on [date] column,

date = ADDCOLUMNS(CALENDARAUTO(),"year",YEAR([Date]),"day",DAY([Date]),"weekday",WEEKDAY([Date],2),"week",WEEKNUM([Date],2))

create a measure and use it in the conditional formatting.

day flag = IF(MAX('date'[weekday])<=5,1,0)

Capture11.JPG

Best Regards
Maggie
Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.