Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Locken
Frequent Visitor

Data colours across same drill down views

Hi all,

I'm using a Treemap visual to represent a client's test execution status across multiple functional areas. I'm using a drill down for the map, in the order of Functional Area > Responsible Tester > Test Exec Status.

When I drill down to Test Exec Status I can change the data colours for each one (Passed/Failed/No Run/Blocked/NA/Not Complete), but when I drill back up and then down again into a different Responsible Tester, the colours have not been applied to the various statuses.

So my overall question is whether there's a way to apply colours to ALL of my Test Exec Status values in one go? Otherwise it's looking like I'll have to apply the colours 50+ times over, considering the number of functional areas and testers there are Smiley Frustrated

Many thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
UlrickT
Frequent Visitor

Ran into a similar problem. I have a number of Status which is used in different PIE charts. I would like to be able to specify the color per status. So e.g. OPEN=BLUE and DONE=GREEN and IN PROGRESS=YELLOW

The problem is that in some PIE charts I have only OPEN and IN PROGRESS. What happens is that it reads the colors from the JSON file in the order they are listed. So in some cases it shows OPEN=BLUE and IN PROGRESS=GREEN instead of YELLOW.

One solution could be that in the JSON file its possible to specify which color goes with which value (status) OR another solution could be to specify several colors for different Charts. So e.g. have PIE1= xyz colors and PIE2 = 123 colors. When under the Data Color option i would select the one i want to use for the specific PIE chart.

v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

@Locken,

Please check if the Report Themes feature meets your requirement, using this feature, you can apply a color theme to your entire report.

Regards,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Lydia,

That does look pretty useful, thanks! Another quick question about it, would I be able to determine the data points that each colour is applied to from the .json file? So it might look something like this:

{
    "name": "Example",
    "dataColors": [Failed = "#568410", No Run = "#3A6108", Not Completed =  "#70A322"]
    "background":"#FFFFFF",
    "foreground": "#3A6108",
    "tableAccent": "#568410"
}

Or is there another way to ensure the colour codes are assigned to the desired data points?

Thanks,

Sam

@Locken,

We are not able to ensure the color codes are assigned to desired data points with the .json file. 

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I have the same/similar issue. I have a pie chart which at the top level is contract renewed (green) and contrac ended (red). The next layer is the product, so when I drill down on contract renewed for example I want them to all display green not in various colours - is this possible and if so how?

Thanks. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.