Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

J_H

Data colours across multiple charts

Hi, 

Is there a way to set the data colours once but make it apply to mutliple charts? For example, I have a number of donut charts each with the same legend, and I want to have the same colour for each legend heading across the charts, but there are too many entries for me to perform this manually each time. Suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi J_H,

Selecting multiple Charts would work in my test, only if the Chart visuals are all in the same type, otherwise there would be no format option available. Please first select One Donut Chart Visual, navigate to the Format pane, expand Legend tab, then press ctrl to select other same type Visuals.

The position, color and the data size is available to customize under Legend tab for all the visuals selected, and be careful regarding the legend name, it will change for all visuals once edited.

Regards

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

I generally set these on my first chart and then copy and paste them, change the field settings in order to do stuff like that.

I have had *some* success selecting multiple visuals (hold down Ctrl key) and changing format settings. This works really well for changing common elements in visuals like the color of the Title, etc. For donut chart, I think it only works for changing data colors when you have the same legend elements (values) in the multiple donut charts. So, it might work in your case if you have the same legend and are just trying to change the legend color, give it a shot.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Unfortunately the Ctrl option for multiple selection doesn't work, the changes still only apply to one graph. Could you please be a bit more specific about how to change the field settings to allow copying the data colours? I'm not sure how to go about that.

Hi J_H,

Selecting multiple Charts would work in my test, only if the Chart visuals are all in the same type, otherwise there would be no format option available. Please first select One Donut Chart Visual, navigate to the Format pane, expand Legend tab, then press ctrl to select other same type Visuals.

The position, color and the data size is available to customize under Legend tab for all the visuals selected, and be careful regarding the legend name, it will change for all visuals once edited.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.