Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Stuk
Helper I
Helper I

Data classed by month but don't care about year

Hello ! i have a problem, i created a graphics which class data by month by users but it don't care about years but i would like to only see data from the years in progress, and if you have any solutions to order month in the right way i take it too thanksCapture.PNGCapture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi ,

Nevermind about beginner or adv ^_^ we was newbie and are growing up day by day ^_^ so the idea of sort by feature in Modeling tab is you have one integer column( index/order column) and you choose Month column and choose sort by int column. This order column could be created by Add conditional column in Query editor or you could add new calculated column and if else/switch based on Month column.
More details, you could follow up calendar topic of and map relationship if you have date column in your fact table as @mat mentioned.

Or you could share your Pbix so I could quickly check it in next 1hour

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

You need a calendar table that contains month names and also a month number. You can then sort the month name by the month number 

read my article here http://exceleratorbi.com.au/power-pivot-calendar-tables/

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Thanks to you @MattAllingtonCapture.PNG i created a calendar but whatever i use it as filter it still order it in alphabetical order, and do you have any solutions for my main problem which is it's classified by month but years doesn't matter

Hi @Stuk,

Choose your Month field, go to Modeling tab, choose sort by column and choose date column ( or another "order column").

@tringuyenminh92 it's not working, probably because datas i'm using and calendar aren't connected ( i'm sorry for those stupid questions but i'm beginner in power bi and i don't have times to do depth study because i'm working on it for my internship )

Hi ,

Nevermind about beginner or adv ^_^ we was newbie and are growing up day by day ^_^ so the idea of sort by feature in Modeling tab is you have one integer column( index/order column) and you choose Month column and choose sort by int column. This order column could be created by Add conditional column in Query editor or you could add new calculated column and if else/switch based on Month column.
More details, you could follow up calendar topic of and map relationship if you have date column in your fact table as @mat mentioned.

Or you could share your Pbix so I could quickly check it in next 1hour

thanks it's all good now ! ( sorry for not answering before it was my lunch break )

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors