Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data changing when push file to server

Hi all,

I have a PBI file that refreshes locally just fine & shows correct data however when I push the file online the data is completely different. how can this be happening/ what can I do?

I tried deleting the file from the server and relaunching it, that worked until the file auto refreshed in the server. 

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6
v-cazheng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous 

What is your data source? What connection mode you are using, Import or Direct Query or Live Connection?

Are all the data changed or a certain type such as the date type changed?

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data source is SQL and KQL using direct query.

all the data has changed, the numbers look compounded 

Hi @Anonymous 

I think you can try to Clear Data Cache in Options, then republish the report.

v-cazheng-msft_0-1620109039362.png

If you still have question, please let me known.

Best Regards

CaiyunnZhengg

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution. Really appreciate!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-cazheng-msft  I tried clearing the cache and it didnt work. any other ideas on what could cause the issues? you can reach me on teams also. v-diciglio

Hi @Anonymous 

I'm really sorry, but we can't provide support outside of this post. Can you tell me more details about how you get data from SQL and KQL? Does your organization have users who use the same data source as you and share this data source with you? Are your reports stored in Premium capacity?

Best Regards

Caiyun Zheng

Is that the answer you're looking for? If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, I will try this and let you know if it worked

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.