Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data by current month

Hey,

I dont know what exactly this is called. But i have a command called inmonth(DATE, Today(), -1) as Flag in QlikView to calculate todays date -1 stored in Flag. However, when i calculate the same in power bi through a custom column, it says there is no such thing as inmonth. 

Is there an equivalent command for inmonth and inMonths for Power BI, ot in general a command that would work?

Thanks a lot! I appreciate the help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a the below measure :

Measure 3 = EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, 

I think this may work. Will try and get back. ThankYou!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous

Please use TODAY()-1 in measure.

If this is the answer you are looking for , then mark the solution as accepted ( Same for your other posts as well, i have responded for couple of qns, but still they are open though they are answered).

Thanks

Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

So since we are in August month, I would want my to show those values as oj July 31, excluding August. Similarly if we were in September, it needs to show all values as of August 31

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try a the below measure :

Measure 3 = EOMONTH(TODAY(),-1)

Thanks

Raj

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, 

I think this may work. Will try and get back. ThankYou!

Anonymous
Not applicable

What does Movement[Date] represent? and is MONTH the present month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had edited the post, pls check again.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank You. But I think I explained the concept wrong, though the answer is right for that i had explained.

Syntax:

InMonths(n_months, timestamp, base_date, period_no [, first_month_of_year])

For example:

inmonths(4, '25/11/2012', '01/02/2013', -1 .  Returns True. Because the value of period_no, -1, shifts the search period back one period of four months (the value of n-months), which makes the search period 01/09/2012 to 31/12/2012. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

The following is the actual syntax of the QlikView command: 

InMonth (timestamp, base_date, period_no)

timestamp - The date you want to compare the base date with

base_date - DAte that is used to evaluate the month

period n0: The month can be offset by period no. It is an integer where 0 indicates the moth which contains base_date. Negative value in period no indiactes preceding month.

So, I need a similar formula in Power Bi to calculate the same.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you pick up a  sample date for this formula and explain what otput you need?

Anonymous
Not applicable

So since we are in August month, I would want my to show those values as of July 31, excluding August. Similarly if we were in September, it needs to show all values as of August 31. At the beginning of each month, the flag value shows the values as of the end of the previous month. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.