Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kman42
Helper III
Helper III

Data bars not available for conditional formatting

The data bar option isn't available for conditional formatting on a table. The only options are background color, font color, and icons. I have them working on another visual (matrix). Is this option not available on the table visual?

5 REPLIES 5

Data bars formatting is available for Numbers only and not for any Sting data items/ Couluns . 

Data Bars.png

josephws
Advocate I
Advocate I

Seeing the same issue w/ a field formatted as a whole number w/ a "Sum" aggregation/ summarization. Databars options is not available. The range between the min and max value is <1%. Wondering if BI is trying to be smart here and urging me not to use data bars

tarunsingla
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Data bars formatting is available for numerical values only and not for any text values. Ensure that the data type of the field (or measure) that you need data bars for, is numerical.

It is. It's formated as currency.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue and figured out even with numeric column you need to have an aggregation function on it to be able to use Data Bars as conditional formater. I couldn't find out the reason, but if you use an aggregation then format the field with the data bars, then get back to Don't Summarize, you still have those data bars with the raw column values.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.