Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KEB
Helper I
Helper I

Data appears in source and Power Query but not in Visual or Data view

Thank you for your help. I have never seen this happen before. I am very familiar with this report. Simply switched the source from On-prem to Cloud CRM, which has caused 0 issues doing the exact same thing on 15 other PBix.  All of the data is correct and visible in Power Query, but when viewing in a visual or in the data view entire column values are gone. Header is present though.

I have no filters and no relationships that would limit the results. Data types have been triple checked. Again thank you for your help.

Power Query Record.jpgPower BI Record.jpgData View.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
KEB
Helper I
Helper I

Update on this issue. A ticket has been opened and worked for the last couple of weeks. Common Data Service is not populating all of the values into PowerBI as it appears in Power Query. I can provide an update when I receive word of a resolution. My recommendation is to not use the CDS connector with Dynamics CRM.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KEB
Helper I
Helper I

Update on this issue. A ticket has been opened and worked for the last couple of weeks. Common Data Service is not populating all of the values into PowerBI as it appears in Power Query. I can provide an update when I receive word of a resolution. My recommendation is to not use the CDS connector with Dynamics CRM.

v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @KEB 

In order to prevent data loss, please back up a new pbix file first.

Then try to  perform the following operations on the new file.

1.Transform Data -> Query Setting -> all properties -> uncheck the "enable load to report" ->  "closed&apply" 

105.png

2.Since the report is not loaded, you can’t see anything in report view.

You have to recheck the option 'enable load to report' in  “Transform Data” interface  then    "closed&apply" 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

Thank you @v-easonf-msft for your time. This did not resolve the problem. I had to rebuild the report connecting via XRM query, verses CDS. Not ideal but will suffice for this report.

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.