Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jeworas
Frequent Visitor

Data aggregation problems

Hi guys,

I have encountered a challenge with my analysis and would appreciate your help:

I have been preparing some reports to help visualize information in the US using ArcGIS maps. I have a zip code database with several columns, including city the zipcode belongs to, and merchants database that has zip codes that are used to relate two databases.

On zip code level I managed to get all required reports, however I have been recently asked to prepare a map with numbers showing on city level aggregation (e.g. all zip codes in dallas should be in the same colours on the map when showing number of merchants), but regardless of the approach I've taken, map still shows zip code level data. 

Do you have an idea if, and how can I tackle the challenge here?

TLDR: I need to show high level aggregate of data on lower level granularity on ArcGIS maps

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Drag city Legend. It should color all city zip in the same color.

Appreciate your Kudos. In case, this is the solution you are looking for, mark it as the Solution.
In case it does not help, please provide additional information and mark me with @

Thanks. My Recent Blogs -Decoding Direct Query - Time Intelligence, Winner Coloring on MAP, HR Analytics, Power BI Working with Non-Standard TimeAnd Comparing Data Across Date Ranges
Connect on Linkedin

Thanks for the reply!

I wasn't clear enough in my description - I need to get colour coding based on values that are clustered for given city, not just to group the cities by colour - hence the issue. Is there any solution possible to actually solve this in PowerBI?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.