cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CahabaData Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Data View column order change

Data view: I made a couple of calculated columns.  They were added to the right, in the order column.

I then realized that a couple original columns (originally on the left) should be modeled as currency (they were just whole numbers).

This has moved those 2 columns to the far right, to the right of the calculated columns.

I see no way to return them to their original position, or to rearrange column order at all in Data View.....based on searching Q&A.  But given there is a new release every month am wondering if this is still true?

www.CahabaData.com
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sean Community Champion
Community Champion

Re: Data View column order change

10 REPLIES 10
Sean Community Champion
Community Champion

CahabaData Solution Sage
Solution Sage

oh my - - did see old Q&A on this topic - - just thought I would check.....

I will hazard the guess that Data View isn't perceived as important in that all the action is up in Visuals....but this lack of column rearrangement sure makes the initial modeling/transform more difficult to the BI designer first discovering the data set that we're working with......

www.CahabaData.com
rblackford Advocate II
Advocate II

Why is this marked as "Solved"? There is clearly no solution, just a reply indicating that they've posted this as an "idea".

Anonymous
Not applicable

It still is.

Highlighted
Ale Advocate I
Advocate I

Not implemented yet? Almost 2019 and I still can't reorder my columns in Data View.

CodySydney
Frequent Visitor

And now it is 2019 and I am still trying to associate values on one side of my data table to the other rather than having them nice and close which would make contextual sense.

trololo
Frequent Visitor

Hi Guys,

It is extremely stupid way, but it is working - i found it by accident:

1. In edit query view remove the column, then save changes. You will see that in data view that column was removed as well.
  2. Now again in edit query view remove from applied steps the action that removed the column. Save it again.
  3. You will see that removed previously column was added to the end of the table.
  4. This way you can arrange your columns to have it the way you want it in data view.

Hope it helped.

CodySydney
Frequent Visitor

Haha! Good lateral thinking 🙂  I have just learned to live with it.  The Power BI team keeps introducing brilliant new features so I can't complain much about the odd annoyance.

NorthernScott
Regular Visitor

We're at 2020 now and still now action on this. What up MS?

Helpful resources

Announcements
‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

‘Better Together’ T-Shirt Contest – Winner Announced!

And the winner is...

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Announcing the New Spanish Forum

Do you need help in Spanish? Check out our new Spanish community section.

April 2020 Community Highlights

April 2020 Community Highlights

Info on our Super Users, MBAS content and badges, and updates to our support articles. - Read the full Community Highlights.

MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors