Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vijayghatti
Frequent Visitor

Data Transpose

Hello friends,

can you please help me on how to translate the data shown below

Project                     Area1                     Area2                 Area3

P100                        22500                      2200                     45000

T010                        4500                         37000                   480000

to

Area1          22500

Area2            2200

Area3            45000

filtered by Project.

6 REPLIES 6
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vijayghatti,

In query editor mode, select [Project] column, then, unpivot other columns.

1.PNG

2.PNG

To filter data by project, you only need to insert column [Project] into slicer.

If you still have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the help.

i was able to do the things as per the steps explained, how ever let me try to explain the senario.

i have a view which has the metadata that is required for the report and a table which has the list of projects, both are from SQL server.

now i imported the data and followed the steps as said, but i am not able to show the output in the way that was desired to be.

.After Un Pivot.JPGPower BI Desktop Table.JPGExpected Format.JPG

screenshot 3 is the expected format and also i need to show the percentage of values in another column.

hope this clarifies.

thanks

Vijay

Hi @vijayghatti,

So, image1 is what you get after "Unpivot" table, right? Now, you want to create a visual displayinglike image3 based on image1 table, right?

Would you please elaborate the structre of your desired output, having row group/column group, or hierarchy? And how do you want to calculate the percentage value?

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
vijayghatti
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the quick revert.

can you please check the screenshots and help

Awaiting your screenshots...

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)
MarcelBeug
Community Champion
Community Champion

In the Query Editor, choose your Project column, right-click and select "Unpivot Other Columns".

Specializing in Power Query Formula Language (M)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.