Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Summarisation with Box and Whisker Plots

Hi,

I have accessed the london fire brigade London Fire Brigade Incident Records - London Datastore to do a little work and am struggling with a simple box and whisker plot. I am using the AppSource Box and Whisker from Pieter Posthuma. 

The fields I am using are 

category - FRS (text field with only two different values)

sampling - incidentnumber (unique id)

value - Firstpumparriving_ attendancetime (decimal number - this is actually the number of seconds it took for the pump to arrive at the incident but is a number column in the data as I can see no way of handling duration in PowerBI - thats for another day though!)

The problem is that value automatically summarises so i get a box plot of the sum. 

The column properties are set to 'don't summarise' 

mburrage_0-1632668323835.png

Thanks

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I seem to have stumbled into my own solution. 

As I understand this now the value is summarised according to the sample so if, as I did have multiple records without incident numbers you have a problem as it sums all of those without a number. I rectified this by creating an index from the values and using that index as the sample. This works great but only up to 30,000 records which is something like 770,000 records short of what I need. 

All in all not a great experience and thank you to anyone who was trying to resolve.

Mark

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I seem to have stumbled into my own solution. 

As I understand this now the value is summarised according to the sample so if, as I did have multiple records without incident numbers you have a problem as it sums all of those without a number. I rectified this by creating an index from the values and using that index as the sample. This works great but only up to 30,000 records which is something like 770,000 records short of what I need. 

All in all not a great experience and thank you to anyone who was trying to resolve.

Mark

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.