Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Shabyman
Frequent Visitor

Data Source not being dropped on publishing

Long story short:

A third party just did a massive code change for the front end as it is a developing platfrom and they decided to change the name of the server and the db.

So i simply went through all the relivant PBIXs and changed the server from the server name to the IP and also changed the DB from NM3-Live > NM-Production. It has worked for 99% of our models. However for one of them it worked in the desktop and it refreshes a treat, however on publishing it to the services, the old connection to NM3-Live is still there and so is the new NM-Production. 

This model is actually a child for a mini-project for sales and the mother model has worked fine. I have triple checked the connections in the desktop, there is nothing mentioning the NM3. Is there a way to find it using DAX Studio? Or has this PBIX corrupted some how? Any ideas?

I have tried:

- Using an old copy of the report also.

- I have deleted it from the workspace and app and tried republishing

- I have tried publishing it to a workspace which has never had this PBIX.

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Shabyman ,

I cannot reproduce the issue. You may try to Delete a dataset.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Shabyman
Frequent Visitor

The examples of what i am seeing on the desktop and in the workspaceDatasource.PNGDesktop.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.