Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Shabyman
Frequent Visitor

Data Source not being dropped on publishing

Long story short:

A third party just did a massive code change for the front end as it is a developing platfrom and they decided to change the name of the server and the db.

So i simply went through all the relivant PBIXs and changed the server from the server name to the IP and also changed the DB from NM3-Live > NM-Production. It has worked for 99% of our models. However for one of them it worked in the desktop and it refreshes a treat, however on publishing it to the services, the old connection to NM3-Live is still there and so is the new NM-Production. 

This model is actually a child for a mini-project for sales and the mother model has worked fine. I have triple checked the connections in the desktop, there is nothing mentioning the NM3. Is there a way to find it using DAX Studio? Or has this PBIX corrupted some how? Any ideas?

I have tried:

- Using an old copy of the report also.

- I have deleted it from the workspace and app and tried republishing

- I have tried publishing it to a workspace which has never had this PBIX.

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Shabyman ,

I cannot reproduce the issue. You may try to Delete a dataset.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Shabyman
Frequent Visitor

The examples of what i am seeing on the desktop and in the workspaceDatasource.PNGDesktop.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.