Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

rodneyc8063
Helper V
Helper V

Data Source Table Name Change - Table structure the same - How to update PBIX file?

Hopefully this is an easy/quick question

Recently our DBA's informed us that they were going to be renaming some Oracle table names to conform to their naming standards.

We had built some reports on these tables. Apparently everything else remains the same in terms of table structure, its just a renaming of the source table name.

Where/how do we update this in our pbix files?

I read that theres something that we can do in Power Query when initially importing the tables at the "Navigation" step? But not sure is that all, or is there anything else or is this even the right spot.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rodneyc8063 ,

For my test , the table name will not be changed.

10.12.4.1.gif

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @rodneyc8063 ,

For my test , the table name will not be changed.

10.12.4.1.gif

Did I answer your question ? Please mark my reply as solution. Thank you very much.
If not, please upload some insensitive data samples and expected output.

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @rodneyc8063 ,

Open Power Query and then select the table from left, where you need to update the DB details and then you would see something like below in the Applied Steps section in right side-

CRM.PNG

Then at your 'applied steps' double click 'Source' to browse and here you can update the new databse details.

Do not hesitate to give a kudo to useful posts and mark solutions as solution

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @Anonymous 

This is good to know and thanks for the tip, but I was actually wondering if the source TABLE name changes - How can I go about updating the TABLE name in the .pbix file

Im guessing/hoping that if I can update the TABLE name, that the remainder of the report would work as expected?

All columns are the same, its just a TABLE renaming from the source

I am looking for solution for same concern. Any inputs here ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.