Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Source Missing

I connected my Power BI to a database. When i restart the power bi, i cannot find the database i connected with but i can see it in the data source management. how can i reactivate/reconnect to it? Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @Anonymous

When i restart the power bi, i cannot find the database i connected with but i can see it in the data source management.

Do you save the pbix file when you restart the power bi?

1. You may click Home ->Recent Sources

6.JPG

2.Check If you turn off the Enable load Function in Edit Queries

13.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Lin,

Thank you for replying. Unfortunately I can't see it also in the recent connections. however i can see it in the data source settings under the global permission. 

hi, @Anonymous

however i can see it in the data source settings under the global permission. 

It means that you are Edit Queries, after you end "shape data" in Edit Queries, do not click Close the icon in the upper right corner, Please click Home->Close&Apply

14.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.