Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nitinbalodi
Helper I
Helper I

Data Source Error

Hello all,

I have a query related to updating my Excel source from desktop folder to sharepoint file. When I update my source in PBI Desktop using Data Source Settings, it shows below error while applying changes:

"The downloaded data is HTML, which isn't the expected type. The URL may be wrong or you might not have provided the right credentials to the server."

I have set up credentials and Privacy level to Organizational Acccount. Although, I am able to achieve this by changing source settings through Power Query editor but doing like seems to be time consuming as we have straight forward option to change source from UI itself. Can anyone help me on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nitinbalodi ,

It seems that there is a problem with the URL you are using. The correct format is as follows.

https://YOURCOMPANYNAME.sharepoint.com/teams/YOURTEAMNAME

You may need click 'Data source settings' -> 'Change source' to modify the URL.

ddd7.PNG 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nitinbalodi ,

Has your problem been solved?

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-lionel-msft It is resolved now, sorry for the delayed resposne as I was on holidays

v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @nitinbalodi ,

It seems that there is a problem with the URL you are using. The correct format is as follows.

https://YOURCOMPANYNAME.sharepoint.com/teams/YOURTEAMNAME

You may need click 'Data source settings' -> 'Change source' to modify the URL.

ddd7.PNG 

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.