Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PowerBINoob24
Resolver I
Resolver I

Data Source Credentials

Evening,

I've been working an a power BI solution in power bi desktop on my laptop.  It is pulling data from excel files on my local hard drive.  I recently published the power bi report to my power bi work space and moved the source files to a sharepoint directory.  Now when I try to refresh the data it fails.  If I go into the settings and look at data source credentials I get the following message:

PowerBINoob24_0-1674616151544.png

When I go to the "Edit Credentials" next to each source I get a window with the path to the sharepoint directory and file, authentication method is "Windows without impersonation" (that's the only option), and the privacy level is set for organizational.  I clik sign in and get an endless loop until I cancel.

Anyone have any idea what is happening?  I've tried to refresh from the lineage page and that didn't help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Figured it out.  There was an issue with the path to the files in power bi desktop.  Once that was corrected and published I had to delete the old data files from the workspace because republishing did not overwrite the file path with the correct path.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@PowerBINoob24 , Clear your browser cache and try again. Prefer to use Edge or Chrome browser.

In case it still give issue - Log an issue - https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues

Figured it out.  There was an issue with the path to the files in power bi desktop.  Once that was corrected and published I had to delete the old data files from the workspace because republishing did not overwrite the file path with the correct path.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.