Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PBI_Manny
Frequent Visitor

Data Source Connections

Hi guys,

I'm relatively new to PBI, and I'm trying to pull together a bunch of data sources. I see that a lot of the data sources I need to connect to are already supported by PBI's data connectors, (which is great!). But I'm not sure how to go about connecting to data sources that aren't already on the list.

For example, I have no problem connecting to Google Analytics, Salesforce Objects, OneDrive for Business, and my Azure Data Wharehouse accounts - as they're currently supported by PBI. However, I can't seem to figure out how to connect to Microsoft Advertising, Google Ads, another system we use called CalltrackingMetrics, and a few other - but much less vital ones - as well.

Guidance on how I can go about this in general but especially for those three in specific, (as I'm pretty sure the proccess would be different for each one), would be much appreciated.

Thanks a lot for any assistance,

Manny.

3 REPLIES 3
Adel
Helper III
Helper III

Or you could use a third-party tool that provides connectors for all the above. and especially you won't run in rate limits and sampling, that's what usually happens with native connectors.
So check out windsor.ai it might help you with your troubles.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

There is no general guidance. You search the interwebs, you talk to the providers of the data source, you see if you can use ODBC as a stop-gap measure, and you plead with Microsoft to provide "native"  support (which may still end up being done via SIMBA ODBC).

Thanks for the info. Yeah, that's what I feared. I guess it's not going not be as seamless as I figured.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.