Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kharabela
Helper I
Helper I

Data Sorted Automatically?

Hi Friends,

I am sharing two pics which will describe better. The data in the AccountDescription auto sorted in report view which we don't want. Please help us.

Not able to attach the screen shots as well.

Regards,

KP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Kharabela

It seems that you have duplicate values in the Account Description column, is it right? In that case, you need to go to Query Editor, duplicate this table, remove other columns and only keep the Account Description column. Then add index column for this new table instead of the original table.

After close and apply Query Editor, create relationship between these two tables as below.

Data Sorted Automatically_2.jpgData Sorted Automatically_3.jpg

Make the unique column in the new table sorted by the index column. Then in the table visual, use the unique column form the duplicated table.

Data Sorted Automatically_4.jpgData Sorted Automatically_5.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@Kharabela

You can add an index column in the table, and then make the Account Description column sorted by this index column. Please refer to the screenshot below.

Data Sorted Automatically_1.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

@v-haibl-msft

Thanks Boss. I have also tried the same. But the issue, I don not want to show the index column in the report. If I am puuting it then only the output as desired. Otherwise its not proper.

Regards,

KP

@v-haibl-msft

13.PNGwhen I want to sort the description based on index then error occurs. (screen shot attached)

@Kharabela

It seems that you have duplicate values in the Account Description column, is it right? In that case, you need to go to Query Editor, duplicate this table, remove other columns and only keep the Account Description column. Then add index column for this new table instead of the original table.

After close and apply Query Editor, create relationship between these two tables as below.

Data Sorted Automatically_2.jpgData Sorted Automatically_3.jpg

Make the unique column in the new table sorted by the index column. Then in the table visual, use the unique column form the duplicated table.

Data Sorted Automatically_4.jpgData Sorted Automatically_5.jpg

Best Regards,
Herbert

@v-haibl-msft

Thanks a Ton. Finally I am closing the issue.

Regards,

Kharabela

@Kharabela

The index column only exists in the Data view. In the table visual, you do not need to add that index column at all. So when other users view your report, they will not see the index column.

Best Regards,
Herbert

Kharabela
Helper I
Helper I

11.PNG12.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.