Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rince91
Helper I
Helper I

Data Slicer Bug- Relative date selection

Im building a report for a customer to review their closed service calls with my company. On the first page of the report i have a slicer that is synced across all pages of the report, the slicer is set to a relative date selection i.e. last 3 months. 

I have added data for these service calls going back to Jan 2017, however once i set the slicer to the previous 1 calendar month and then tried to expand that date to include more data; no further data turns up. For example i set it for the previous month March 2018, all the data came up and my report worked, then i selected the previous 3 months, the data did not update and still only showed March 2018. 

I've gone through all of my visuals removed all filters, added new visuals to test, checked all the data is still there (it is) but yet there is still only March 2018 data.

Any thoughts on what could be going wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rince91,

It works fine in my test.

1. What's the status showed in the following snapshot?

Data_Slicer_Bug_Relative_date_selection

2. Do you have any other filters or slicers?

3. Can you share your file? Just a little sample is needed.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Rince91,

It works fine in my test.

1. What's the status showed in the following snapshot?

Data_Slicer_Bug_Relative_date_selection

2. Do you have any other filters or slicers?

3. Can you share your file? Just a little sample is needed.

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft

Hey, thanks for the advice fortunately i figured out that im an idiot. So here is how i "fixed" it. 

This is the slicer on my front cover/page:Query1.png

And here is how i had set up the slicer sync. As is glaringly obvious i hadn't ticked the filter buton on the front cover so this slicer didnt sync across all the report...

Query2.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.