Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

someonerandom
Regular Visitor

Data Relationship Error

Spoiler

Hi,

I have 15 SharePoint Online database containing around 5-50 rows of data similiar to the following

Ill call these DataBASE1 to DataBASE15

NameSkill Code (Unique)Skill Expiry Date
Random Employee Name 1100011/1/2020
Random Employee Name 2100021/2/2020

I also have a couple of index databases examples below

Skills Name Index

Skill NameSkill Code IDSkill CategorySkill Sub CategoryOthers 1Others 2
SkillCourseNAME0110001SafetyExtraSafeetcetc
SkillCourseNAME0210002SafetyNotSoSafeetcetc

Employee Index

Name (unique)Employee ID (unique)ClassificationOther
Random Employee Name 1E101Operatoretc
Random Employee Name 2E202Adminetc

I need to show all the information on one dashboard where ill use a slicer of Employee Name to view individuals

So the Employee Index Name to the DataBASE1 - DataBASE15 will have a one to many relationship (All good)

However my problem becomes when i try to use the relationship between the Skills Name Index and DataBASE1 - DataBASE15 so i can display the Name of the Courses and the subcategory and categorys for each DataBase, i can use only one many to many active relationsship with the DataBase1-15 if i try to make the relationship active between DataBASE2 i get the following error

"You can't create a direct active relationship between  Skills Name Index and DataBASE2 because that would create ambiguity between tables Employee index and Skills Name Index. To make this relationship active, deactivate or delete one of the relationships between Employee index and Skills Name Index first"

What can i do so i am able to use all the databases together on the one skills matrix?

2 REPLIES 2
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @someonerandom 

This problem usually occurs when you try to  use the second active relationship.

Can you show screenshots of all the relationships related to the table "Skills Name Index" and the table "DataBASE2"?

Make sure only one common column to create a  active relationship between two tables. 
You can  try to create an inactive relationship and activate it by creating a new measure through function " userealtionship".

If I misunderstand,do you mind create a sample  pbix file and list the expected result clearly, so that we can post detailed solution..

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@someonerandom , based on what I got it.

The first table and all tables that are alike need to append in one table.

Table 1,2 (in the order you have given) can be merged based on the skill code(Table 4). You can still keep table 2 as the master for this merged table.

Table 4 can join with table 3(employee), if need with original table 2

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.