cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbrock Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Data Refreshes very slow

Have you heard back yet? I am also noticing a slowdown recently of IBM DB2 connections that use the Microsoft Drivers . We are using import mode. The data refresh through Power BI Desktop takes significantly longer.

Also, in the last week, the scheduled refresh for the connection started timing out as well with the following error: "Before the data import finished, its data source timed out. Double-check whether that data source can process import queries, and if it can, try again." I may need to cut down on the amount of data coming in to the dataset. We also migrated our enterprise gateway to a new server last week as well so it could be related to that, but has anyone also had this issue with IBM DB2 sources? The gateway connection says it is online. I know this is a desktop thread but I thought I would ask in cas anyone here saw this as well. Thanks!

Highlighted
Eric Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Was this issue every resolved?  We are having the same issue now.

BjoernSchaefer Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hi @Eric,

it isn't solved yet. My ticket is still open and the told me, that the Product Team is investigating that issue. ETA ist around end of April '19. We have to play the waiting game.

Regards

BjoernSchaefer 

rbrock Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I also had a ticket in with Microsoft. I was told the following today by Microsoft:

On our end the Product Group stated that the problem only occurs on the gateway as its leaking memory and the process never gets restarted.  This issue should be fixed with the next release of the Gateway. You will need to upgrade the gateway when the QFE release of the gateway comes out. The ETA is the End of March.

GTech01 Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

This doesn't occur in the gateway for us. Only in the Desktop App.

rbrock Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

@GTech01  We had the issue both in desktop and with the gateway and I demonstrated that when I was working with the technician so I am going to reply with that response as well Smiley Sad

rbrock Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I was told today that the fix for the desktop tool should be out around mid April, so I am guessing that will be included in the April update of Power BI desktop. Fingers crossed that helps the issue. In the meantime, I was able to switch my report connections over to ODBC connections and those are working well for me. 

rbrock Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

The April update for Power BI desktop came out this week. I installed it and now my DB2 datasets refreshed much more quickly like they did before the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community News & Announcements

Community News & Announcements

Get your latest community news and announcements.

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 138 members 1,568 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: