Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

OnurRohatOktay
Frequent Visitor

Data Refresh

Hi all,

Even though I have a pro account, I can't refresh my data more than 8 times a day with power automate. I added a power automate button manually, but I couldn't solve my problem that way. I set scheduled refresh, but it gives an error too after 8 times.I need to refresh the data about every 5 minutes.How can I solve my problem, it is  very important for me.

Thank you for your support !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@OnurRohatOktay : As @Petur-Ruhl mentioned, you need to have premium capacity (either Premium Per Capacity - P1,P2 etc or Preimum Per user ($10 additional if you have pro) inorder to have refresh more than 8 times.

Power BI limits datasets on shared capacity to eight daily dataset refreshes. The eight time values are stored in the backend database and are based on the local time zone that was selected on the Dataset Settings page.

If you have neither 'premium per capacity' / embedded nor 'PPM', you will be limited to 8 refreshes per day. Unfortunately Sharepoint does not support direct query. If you want 5 minutes refresh, you need to move away from Sharepoint to any other data sources which supports direct query. Take a look at Dataverse.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution, Give Kudos to motivate the contributors.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ponnusamy
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

@OnurRohatOktay :

In "Import" mode you can set refresh only 24 times a day with minimum refresh period of 30 minutes.  You can not have 5 minutes refresh. If you share more details , we can find a way to achiveve your goal. Is the connection type of your dataset  "Import" ?

Hi,

I  get my data from sharepoint online list.I want to refresh my data,when an item created or modified in sharepoint.Thank you

@OnurRohatOktay : As @Petur-Ruhl mentioned, you need to have premium capacity (either Premium Per Capacity - P1,P2 etc or Preimum Per user ($10 additional if you have pro) inorder to have refresh more than 8 times.

Power BI limits datasets on shared capacity to eight daily dataset refreshes. The eight time values are stored in the backend database and are based on the local time zone that was selected on the Dataset Settings page.

If you have neither 'premium per capacity' / embedded nor 'PPM', you will be limited to 8 refreshes per day. Unfortunately Sharepoint does not support direct query. If you want 5 minutes refresh, you need to move away from Sharepoint to any other data sources which supports direct query. Take a look at Dataverse.

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution, Give Kudos to motivate the contributors.

Petur-Ruhl
Frequent Visitor

Hello Onur! 

To be able to refresh the data more than 8 times per day you would need to add a PPU license to your account (Premium Per User) that allows for a quicker refresh rate with Power Automate.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else. Otherwise a Kudos would be highly appreciated 🙂 

All the best,

Pétur 

Hi,

Actually, I have an IT ticket management system and with this data I need to see instantly which employee does how much work in this system,what is the popular topics of our ITMS system, etc. My manager wants this data to be updated in my report instantly.Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.