Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

bherring1979
Frequent Visitor

Data Refresh with CSV files

I have a CSV file named Employees.csv When I orginally imported it, I had 34 rows in the file. I have since added a few more users to the file and now my file has 50 rows. When I refresh the data, either through the Refresh button or through right clicking the table and choosing refresh, I am only getting 34 rows updated. Should I expect the new data in the file to import or do I need to manually import the new data? If I need to manually import it, is there any way to overwrite the current table with the contents of the file?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bherring1979,

I tried the same operation that you did, but for me it works. Try look to the main menu under "Options and settings", choose "Options". In the windows look under "Global options" to see the total amount of the cache, and under "Current file" / "Relations" see if the first and the third field are checked.

Let me know if it works.

Have a good coding

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Pete_R

Hey guys,

I have a same issue.

Using 4 csv flies from local drive as data source. I tried removing some rows in data files to check whether the refresh works on my report. Funny enough it works for 2 of them but it doesnt for remaining 2.

I followed above instructions however it does not work for me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Petr

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi bherring1979,

I tried the same operation that you did, but for me it works. Try look to the main menu under "Options and settings", choose "Options". In the windows look under "Global options" to see the total amount of the cache, and under "Current file" / "Relations" see if the first and the third field are checked.

Let me know if it works.

Have a good coding

Thank you! I cleared the file cache which was 1.7GB and tried the refresh and it worked.

ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@bherring1979 If using Dekstop tool then check whether the location of CSV file is as provided in query editor. If uploaded to Power BI Service then you will need a Personal Gateway to refresh the latest data.

If not above any error message you are getting when refreshing ?

I am using the desktop version. I have not changed the name of the file or its location, just edited the file in place. I do not get any errors when refreshing, it just doesn't grab the new data.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.